Security and Compliance
Question about Teams retention police came from another customer and I thought it might interest you. At Ignite there had been a session that touched on the subject, if you would like to watch the session (Go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=cpMhjhjvaQU) at minute 28 they jump into a demo but I think you will find the whole video very interesting from a compliance/Security stance.
Learn about enterprise security and compliance with Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams provides the enterprise security and compliance features you expect from Office 365, including eDiscovery and legal hold for channels, chats, and files. Learn how Microsoft Teams encrypts your data, provides enhanced security with multi-factor authentication, and allows you to manage the mobile applications using Microsoft Intune.
Session Code BRK400
To give you a quick idea of how the feature will work here are the highlights:
- Works thru current Security and Compliance interface
- Teams data sits in Exchange mailbox for Retention and EDiscovery
- You will be able to select All data except Teams, Select Team Chats and Team Channel messages, or a customized list
- You can have different retention periods for Team Chats and Team Channel messages if you want
- Create a preservation lock if you choose to